The goal of this project is to be able to use NFC rings to identify specific users that can trigger actions in the home with their ring. Those actions can be generic for all the users or could be customized per user (the system identifies the user when reading the ID contained in the ring).
– Unlock front door (maybe with 2FA) – this also activates the house to your pre-sets & preferences
– Activate shower to your preset nozzle & temp & pressure preferences
– Tap on control tablet or smart mirror in each room and the controls are configured to the users preferences
– Unlock Main Engineering entrance
– Unlock walk-in closet
– Unlock door to underwater room
– Disable alarm
– Open secured cabinets
– As a key to start electric vehicles
– Have a hidden sensor anywhere in the home that activates a custom programmable functionality in the home
The idea is a multifunctional NFC controller chip in a device such as smart ring , watch , wrist band or phone.
The secure device would be locked to one person , equipped with anti-data corruption/manipulation software , thus protecting against malware downloads. It would plug into our IOT systems.
You will get credits redeemable for partial ownership of a SeaPod, education credits, get credited on papers and blog posts, honorable mentions and a Certificate of Contribution from Ocean Builders.